FROM AN EYEWITNESS REGARDING THE ARREST OF SEN.CHIJINKEM UGWUANYI BY GOVERNOR UMAHI

#Sad_News: Gov'r David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi state arrests Sen Chijinkem Ugwuanyi over an alleged attack on him via a Facebook post.

….I'm an eyewitness during the arrest.

#FreeChijinkem

I was with him earlier today, Thursday, 25th November, 2021 at his office discussing with him and all of a sudden at 10:07am,  a Siena car parked directly opposite his office and two policemen on mufti swiftly banged into his office where both of us were seated.

With the speed of a lightening, one of the men on mufti pulled out a handcuff and without any explanation asked him to stretch forth his arms for the handcuffs.

While still in shock, he immediately questioned "what is my offense"?

Then, the 3 other policemen (heavily armed ) advanced towards the entrance and on noticing that, he stood up from the chair where he was seated and they dragged him outside.

One of the policemen confronted me to tell him where Senator's car key is, and I told him that I don't know where the car key is.

They dragged him across the road where their car is packed and while I was still trying to ascertain the reason for his arrest, he stretched his head from their vehicle and screamed under duress that I should get his car key on the desk and give it to them.

I went back to the office with one of the policemen on mufti, searched for the key and handed it over to the policeman and queried him where they were taking him to as we walked out of the office.

He said I should come to Area Command Police Station Nsukka, opened Senator's car, hopped in with another policeman in uniform and both vehicles zoomed off.
 
I made some calls including the one he asked me to while he was being dragged out, and immediately went to the Area Command Nsukka with a friend. 

On getting there, I called his second number #Glo (+234 811 610 0876) and a policeman picked my call and said "#Erochukwu, come to the Area Command's Counter to get his car key and drive it home". I said "okay" and entered the premises and called back.

The policeman picked up again and asked me to call back in 10 -15 minutes as they were still interrogating him. We went out and sat outside waiting for the time he said.

After 10 minutes, I called several times but he refused to pick the calls. 

After 15 minutes, I called again but he did not pick up. I went inside the station again and met a Barrister, Barr. Chinedu Agbowo who came for the same case and he told us that he has been taken to Ebonyi state.

Though, we are still trying to ascertain his actual offense that caused the Ebonyi state Governor, #Dave_Umahi to send men of the state CID to arrest him all the way from Ebonyi state.

Based on the information I gathered in confidence, he was arrested because he allegedly attacked the Ebonyi state Governor via a Facebook post.

The policemen later allowed him to call us on his second phone, #MTN which is still with us here and he told us that he's heading to Abakiliki now with the men of the state CID.

Please, those who wants to reach him should call his Glo line: +234 811 610 0876. We are with the MTN line here: +234 803 957 0511

Where is our right to freedom of speech in this country?

Gov. Umahi, #FreeChijinkem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RT. HON. BARR. SUNDAY CYRIACUS UMEHA CONGRATULATES RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB OF ENUGU FOR CLINCHING THEIR 8TH NFL TITLE

Enugu Community in crisis as Ministry of Local government Rural Development and chieftaincy Affairs issued certificates of Return/Recognition to Candidates without Elections.Nkpunato-

CMR .AKPA FRANCIS RECOGNISED BY META AI "